Can I send photos on Pando?
Yes, you can send photos on Pando. These photos are handled within the app only and none of the photographs you take or send will be stored on your mobile device. The images are held on Pando’s servers, with a local copy held securely in your app, whilst you are logged in to Pando.
Any images taken with Pando for the purpose of clinical care must be exported and stored in the clinical records (e.g. a photo of a pressure ulcer). Conversely, exporting photos of ECGs and Xrays is not essential, as the original will already be a part of the clinical record.
There are three ways that you can utilise the photo function on Pando.
How do I send photos within my message stream?
When in a conversation thread with a colleague or a team, you can send a photograph by clicking the green + sign to the left of the message of and clicking ‘Take a photo’. This photo will not be stored further. This can be useful if you need a rapid clinical opinion: for example wound assessment, or localised rash.
How do I send photos as part of the patient cards system?
If you look at a patient card, you can store images under ‘Files’ on the patient card. The patient card can be sent to colleagues in a message thread which will include all the patient information, tasks and all photographs taken and attached to the patient card.
From the app homepage, follow these steps to utilise photographs within the patient card functionality:
- Click ‘Lists’ on the homepage
- Select the patient who the photo relates to
- Go to ‘More info’, then click ‘Files’
- Click the camera button below
- Take a photograph and save
- Go to the message thread with the person you want to share the photograph with
- Click the + green button on the left of the message box
- Add the patient and the receiver will be able to view the photograph under files
Do you prefer a visual step by step explanation for using our camera feature on iOS device?
This option tends to be better if you want to compare photographs over a period of time or if you want to refer back to the photos quickly at a later stage.
- Click Patients at the bottom bar on the homepage
- Select a patient
- Click the patient icon in the top right corner
- Select ‘Files’ and take a picture
- Press ‘Send’ to redirect it to your NHS email address
How can I send a photo to my NHS email address?
- Go to ‘Gallery’ at the bottom of the homepage
- Click on camera green icon on the left of the screen
- Click ‘Take a photo’ and ‘Save’ to your gallery. If you are using iOS, you can also ‘Import’ this picture to your ‘Album’ to locate it faster. Please remember to delete imported images from your phone’s camera.
- Select the image you want to send via email
- Click on the envelope from the left side of the screen
- The photo will be sent to your NHS email address registered with Pando
If you have any problems taking a photograph, check your settings to ensure that you have granted access for Pando to use the camera on your device. If you are having further problems, please get in touch with us either by telephone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can sort this out with you.
Need some help?Get in touch